As a medical device company, we have always been very careful about how we use your personal information. This privacy notice sets out how Q Technologies Group uses and protects any information that you provide either on our website, via email, phone or through a letter to the Company.
Q Technologies Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Q Medical Technologies Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The Company may change this policy from time to time by updating this document. This document is available on the company website and updates will be posted online via the website should you wish to keep updated with the changes. This policy is effective from 18th May 2018.
What we collect and retain
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Company invoice and shipping address details.
- Other information relevant to supporting you and us in supplying your medical devices.
- Any relevant information required for insurance registration.
These details have been provided by yourself and are necessary to enable us to keep you informed of legitimate business information between our companies.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for orders and enquiries raised.
- We may use the information to improve our customer service.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. You may opt out of this service at any time.
- Any data shared with a third party is only shared with pre-authorised consent.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. This has ensured your data is protected using current, up to date Security Software and IT protection which contain Firewalls.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to head office: Summerlands Trading Estate, Endmoor, Kendal Cumbria LA8 0FB or emailing us at QARA@qmedical.co.uk.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your data will be retained for 7 years after termination of our relationship unless there is a legal requirement to retain the data for a longer.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email QARA@qmedical.co.uk.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly amend any information found to be incorrect.